Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lovely Day!

I finished with my lab early today, and not I m happily perched in a third story lounge over looking campus.
And I feel a little bit omniscient. If I look down I can watch the dramas of life unfold. One girl chatting on her phone, and a guy running after he bus. And he misses it. He does that little woe-is-me shrug, and walks back to where ever he once was. One guy struts by all macho. That girl is still chatting on he phone. A couple cars drive by. One going the wrong way down a one way street.
The black of the roads is starting to show through the snow. Its been great weather this week. Clear. About 10 to 20 degrees (perfect for no ice, but I can go check he mail without a coat), The sun is rising earlier and earlier. And setting later and later. Currently it is 5:30 and the sun is still half an hour away before it dips behind the mountains.
Oh the mountains can be seen today! Standing in a solid ridge against the horizon. They are father away here than they were where I was living in Utah. Fairbanks in surrounded by foothills mostly, but the mountains, on a clear day, can be seen to the south standing like the Iron Mountings from Lord Of the Rings. The south has less hills than the north. After Fairbanks the terrain looks flat with only a couple  bumps before the mountings jut out like teeth.
I have such  lovely view right here. I have towering Blue Spruce trees standing like Giants on their march to war, Standing in heir almost untouched field of white, Behind them, down the hill there is forest, most still green but with some brown and reds from the non-ever green. I can see the break in the forest (which is also Fairbanks) where the river runs through it. After the river the forest starts up again, and I lose it to just a mass of brown before I can see the mountains. The sun is setting beautiful oranges and golds, and father to the south I see some pinks which look magnificent against the blue gray of mountains.
I wish I had a camera to share all of this with you. I tried to take a picture with my el cheapo phone, but it cannot show the beauty.

Currently it is 25 F, with a low of -8 tonight. The sun rises around 8 in the morning and sets around 6 in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment