Monday, March 10, 2014

Wife Points

I would like to make mention a great blog post I read about wife points. I don't remember exactly what it was called or who it was by. It was about a wife who was feeling like she wasn't accomplishing any throughout the day (she was a stay at home mom). So she started giving herself "wife points." I took this concept and started to give myself "wife points" when I did accomplished something home-making-y.
An example of this is Saturday night. I decided to get on the day-light savings shin-dig by resetting my alarm clock and other clocks. Wife points! I remembered that in spring I loose an hour of sleep. So I set the clocks back and went to bed. I awoke as I expected to my alarm saying the correct time. All was perfect. Wife points! Until I looked at Gordon's phone that updates the time automatically. I was off by two hours. Making the time we were waking up, already after church had started. Gordon was teaching gospel principles (Sunday school after sacrament or mass). We very quickly showered to get out the door. Only we were out of shampoo. I hollered to Gordon to grab some ( I was already in the shower when I noticed) and instead of waiting for it I started washing my face.
- Now I must have a side note here: I am easily distracted, and so I have routines for important things so I cannot forget them. Other wise I miss things really bad, and here is a great example. - I always wash my hair first, then my face and last body. Always. When I don't I end up with what I did on Sunday. -
As I'm waiting for Gordon to grab the shampoo (it turns out the general direction of "it's in the box" isn't specific enough) I wash my face. And then proceed to wash my body. Around this time Gordon returns with the shampoo. I then put shampoo in my hair. And somehow wash my body again. It isn't until we are breathlessly arriving just in time for the class that I ran my fingers through my half blow dried/sorta brushed hair that I realize I still have shampoo in it.
For those who are keeping track I am two hours behind with my body washed twice and shampoo still in my hair. so much for wife points.

I did regain some wife points by making a really great scalloped potato dish.

Gordon did a really great job teaching his lesson on charity. He focused not only giving it, but allowing ourselves to receive it. He got the class involved. Which is impressing with a group of ~25 people and more than half shared insightful comments.

Also I forgot to plug my phone in all weekend, so it died this morning. Luckily a classmate had a phone charger on him (well he uses it for his tablet) And I only forgot about it twice; once while plugged into an outlet in the hall and the second time the outlet in my lab where I had it recharging. I only had to run down a couple flights of stairs to catch the charger donater before he left (technically he had already left the building).
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to not be so blonde.

Currently I'm procrastinating doing a final editing on three papers due tonight by midnight.

I took a video on the walk to work on Friday. I'll try to upload that. Also I took some videos of campus riding around on the shuttle. I'll probably post those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment