Friday, December 29, 2017

MOAB 2017

We moved to Moab in April 2017. I had a Job with the National Park Service, and Gordon got a job as a wildfire dispatcher.

For awesome landscape/flower/animal pictures please check out the next blog post.

Sitka didn't like this packing job. Not enough of a view.

We tried a box method instead of the sock. Octavious still didn't like it.

Much better traveling spot.

Our new place in Moab, Utah

Moab Car Show was really cool. Also this car was my favorite. It's everything I want in a car, bulbous and a beautiful color. Yes, I am shallow.

To maximize our tiny space, we got a loft frame for our bed. And Sitka decided it was his hide-out.

So, my job was a little buggy. So we tried preventative everything...

....But, this was still my ankles from all the biting gnats. I counted 47 bites on the right leg. I didn't want to count the left, so I didn't.

I made a dream catcher out of spare stuff laying around.

"Hard at work" pose.

The pets enjoyed the balcony.

Figured I should put something on our walls, so I put up pictures I took of the area. Along with various posters and landscapes to add some size differences. And of course Sitka is modeling.


My family came to visit :)

Day - lost count of a 8 day backpacking trip for work.

Our camp for that trip. Yes those are bear cans. We saw lots of fresh bear scat and tracks.

Gordon working on becoming a dwarf. He still has a bit of work ahead of him.

Transplanting lots of plants for work. We put a lot of work into these guys. 

BWHAHAHAHA. This was not me. It was a co-worker. And this was the highlight of that entire week. We had to get a ranger to tow us out. In my co-worker's defense the dirt did look dry. 



My dog is weird.

Awkward selfie. Where do we look?

I also went on an 8 day river trip for work. This was camp. not a bad view. It was a bit cold though with ice on our water buckets in the morning. And the work was hard. And I was 2 months pregnant. But I felt better after reading a report from another trip where a group of burley firemen were doing the same job upriver, and the crew report said that it was the hardest job they've ever done. And they only did it for 3 days. I did 6 days of the work. And did I mention I was 2 months pregnant. Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment