Friday, December 29, 2017

Pocatello

Gordon wanted to pursue becoming a physical therapy assistant, and as I had just graduated, we moved to Pocatello. For the adventure of getting from Alaska to Pocatello, see last post.

We found a nice apartment in an apartment building that allowed dogs, we had an aunt and uncle nearby and we quickly made some fast friends.

I became friends with a few ladies my age and we started a knitting circle. I made this headband for Sitka. I don't think he appreciated it much.

We had a nice park nearby our apartment where we would walk Sitka for his morning an evening constitutional and we met many of dogs there. I also took many pictures there.









We also spent a lot of time rescuing dogs that had gotten lose, or stray kittens. We had noticed a momma cat and her two kittens around our building so we put out a live trap. We were able to capture the whole family and took them all to the shelter. We even caught a bonus stray cat.

This kitten was sick, and I really kinda wanted to keep her. But we took her to the shelter.

This dog was a female, slightly taller version of Sitka. She was adorable. Can you tell which dog is mine in the picture?

This dog and Sitka were found playing together in the in-law's yard. We quickly grabbed her, tied her up and found her owners. She didn't have a collar so that's our harness. Sitka kept her company while we found her people.

I made Octavious a flower and giant tortoise. He was curious, but preferred to eat dandelions.

These Lady Jane Tulips are extremely lovely and I'd love to have some in my garden some day. I went to the tulip garden in Lehi, Utah that spring. It was lovely being surrounded by flowers.

 Gordon and I at my brother-in-law's wedding. I appreciated being closer to family so I could more easily attend such festivities. 

Sitka and I having fun.

My dog is weird.

And some days were cuddle days.

Apparently I spent too much time on the computer. Too much job searching.

We tried to teach Sitka how to be a sled dog. He was confused.

 Does this picture need a caption? I think it's self explanatory. Gordon is a giant eating the houses of poor gingerbread men. Not very nice Gordon.

WILD TURKEYS


 We had a Halloween party. Not nearly as great as previous years' festivities. We watching Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. and went to Saratoga Hot Springs.


I spent a lot of time searching for a job where I could use my newly accrued degree, but wasn't able to find one in the area. Gordon found his program dis-satisfactory and decided to stop pursuing it.

We moved to Pocatello in August 2016 and left in April 2017. A mear 8 months later. It was a short stay, but a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment