Sunday, May 18, 2014

Alaskan Wildlife!

Spring has brought animals! We had spent the winter not seeing any animals but moose, red squirrels and ravens. Spring brings birds! My new job at the wildlife sanctuary has encouraged me to study the birds. I have become rather good at local ducks, geese and other water fowl. I have been working on birding by ear. I am finding that much harder.
The Sharp-shinned Hawk caught at the Bird Banding Station

One morning I woke up to a moose walking through our back yard. He walked right under our window. By the time I grabbed the Tablet and turned it on, and typed in Gordon's really long password ( I do not have a proper camera ) I was only able to get the moose walking away. Pardon my breathing,  I was struggling with a cold that entire week. Air did not easily pass through me, hence the harsh breathing.


I should also mention that Octavious, in honor of Terrill's friend Pablo, tried on a mustache. He couldn't get it off for hours and was very entertaining. So I snapped a quick picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment