Monday, November 11, 2013

Engagement July 2, 2013

I got engaged! most amazing man EVER!

We had been talking about marriage, and we both realized the other knew they wanted to marry the other person. So Gordon (Fiance) told his grandmother, who then surprisingly gave him her wedding ring. He didn't know she still had it, she had been a widow for many years. Gordon called me up and asked me if I was available to see this ring his grandmother gave him. I was honestly concerned when I heard that. If it was ugly, how do I not accept Grandma's ring? I was very concerned I would end up offending someone. So I cautiously looked at the ring.
IT WAS PERFECT!

My elder sister, Kassie, even said that if was to choose a ring, in a full jewelry store, I would have picked that one. It looked like "me."

So one day, a day that I thought the ring was still getting re sized, Gordon took me up the side of the mountain, we could see the sun setting over the valley and lighting up the Timp LDS Temple into a beautiful pink. Gordon's friend came along with us, and caught the entire scene on videotape. I have not yet seen the tape. I will add it to the blog once I get a chance.

So as we were hanging (in hindsight Gordon was a bit tense) I noticed part of the lawn was perfectly sloped for a good roll. So naturally I rolled down the mountain. And Gordon followed me. Maybe a bit too closely, I had to dodge out the way at the bottom. So as I regained my balance I walked over to Gordon who was a bit father down the hill and was still on both knees. As I walked over I reached my hand out to help him up. He caught my hand. And looked me in the eyes. And I could see all the nervousness and love there. And I probably looked like a deer caught in the headlights as he pulled his other arm from around his back and had a graceful velvet jewelry box, and inside it the ring. My ring. My wedding ring. He then asked me, using my name if I would be his wife. I somehow found my voice and said "yes." 

The rest of the story involves kissing, and him picking me up and twirling me in joy and me tearing up from the almost tangible love and joy that we could both feel. But I'll leave out those kinda sappy details.

No comments:

Post a Comment