Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Timp Half

I am a failure as a blogger. I must enjoy doing things than talking about them, and I seem to be doing a lot of things.

So we are registered to run a half marathon on the 27th of July. And I haven't run in a month - I got busy hanging with Gordon, and the time flew by- so we started running on Tuesday. I am so sore! It is rather embarrassing that I have gotten so weak so quickly.

IDK what my hair was doing in this pic...

So we ran the thing. And neither of us died. But this was the week after my auto accident - which I'll blog about shortly (yes I know I'm getting this all out of order). So I was mainly working on staying up right. Gordon stayed with me. Most of the time. The last mile I finally convinced him that I wouldn't die or collapse or anything, so he sprinted ahead, then came back and throw me onto his shoulder and ran me to the finish line, where I am proud to say I crossed all by myself. Well I think I was still holding his hand. Turns out was met with some old friends that we weren't expecting, and very present surprise.
We spend the rest of the weekend wishing we never had to walk again. or go up or down stairs.

Oh, and we got shirts and metals for completing it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment