Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Blonde

I have been battling my blondness for years. I do try not to be ditsy, but I think my hair color sinks in through my scalp and messes with my brain. Usually I'm not too bad, although on Sunday while I was video chatting with my family I was talking about how I keep forgetting random things. The noise cut off so we resorted to ASL. My mom knows basic finger-spelling and such so I was slowly finger-spelling "ditsy." And I forgot the T. Hilarious. I am so ditsy I forget how to spell ditsy.
Blonde.

I will admit that I do like being blonde. I think it is really pretty. So because I am currently in Utah I want to make the best out of this dazzling scorching sunlight. On Saturday I put a couple tablespoons of lemon juice and went for an 7-8 mile wander.
I wandered over to my cousins and chatted for a bit, wandered past the LDS temple, and eventually wandered back with only a slight sunburn - forgot about sunscreen- and my highlights a bit lighter. This might be my new Saturday routine here: wandering with lemon juice.

Possibly one of my worst blonde moments that has suck to this day:
I was a freshman in highschool and I was in health class. I was being taught about breast cancer adn how to watch for potential signs of that. My teacher mentioned something about male breast cancer and before my brain could ctach up to my mouth I blurt, "How can guys get breast cancer? They don'y have boobs." and I remember everyone turning and looking at me as though I was insane. And I'm sitting there totally confused why everyone is staring at me. I had honestly forgotten that men had breasts.
Ok maybe that story isn't as terrifying as it seemed at the time, but let me assure you it scared me.


No comments:

Post a Comment