Saturday, May 18, 2013

Random Wandering Bug

I have found that energy is precious, and creatures don't prefer to waste any that they have so patiently gathered. Usually energy is used to either preserve life or to continue the species. I find it unusual when I come across energy being used for what appears to be no reason.

The other day I was in my large parking lot where I work and I noted a rather large beetle wandering in the middle of the asphalt expanse. So I wandered with him briefly. He had no apparent destination, except escaping the burning sun.


He was jet black and had the usual hard shiny covering of a beetle, but the legs were so long it was shocking. I took a couple pictures, but it doesn't do the insect justice.

The story doesn't have any sort of dramatic peak or ending. I watched it until It found shade where It rested and I returned to go on my way.

Not the most exciting thing, and probably not something that anyone really cares about reading. Mainly because most people will not find reading this worth their energy that they have so painstakingly set aside.

That is actually a good point. Us humans here in a situation where food and pure drinking water is easy to come by, the only limitation we have is on time. So rather than wasting your energy reading this you are thinking it is a waste of precious time. precious time that you might rather be checking facebook or watching some ad or standing in line or playing solitaire. Such precious time we "waste" doing things that bring nothing to our lives, with the exception of the completion of a game or knowing which burger looks the best.

My average day is spent working, where I gain income for furthering my education and experience in my field of study, sleeping, eating, and the rest interacting with people in my life or training for my half marathon coming up at the end of July.

I feel that my main goal in life is to gain wisdom, knowledge, understanding and to build relationships with others. I accomplish this by being observant of my world, being teachable (sometimes I can be very stubborn), and by spending my time and money gaining experiences and making great friends along the way

No comments:

Post a Comment