Friday, January 17, 2014

Sunrise Vs Sunset for PG vs Madison vs Fairbanks


Fairbanks, AK
Madison, WI
Pleasant Grove, UT
Sun Rise
10:20 AM
7:25 AM
7:46 AM
Sun Set
3:42 PM
4:50 PM
5:27 PM
Total Sun
5:22
9:25
9:81

The sun here never gets very high in the sky, it does a sort of hop on the southern horizon. At the sun's peak the sunlight given is only enough to feel like it is late evening. The shadows are always long pointing north.

Other wise things are good here. We have started school, are finding work, and a place (we opted out of dry cabins for now). We will let you know once we have finalized our jobs and are moving in.

The people here are nice. I keep having my thoughts answered out loud. I will wonder out loud what the time is and someone will tell me. Or I was trying to find a class, and the classroom doors went from 303, 304, 306,... and of course I was to be in the hidden 305. So as I stand there staring at the wall that should be 305 hoping that it will magically part or the door appear, I ask myself "where is 305." And I hear a peer lead me to a reclusive hall with the one classroom with out any further prompting.

Not everything here is perfect, people tend to be very stingy and want to milk money out of everything they can. And that includes toilet paper. I have never before realized how much of a toilet paper snob I have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment