Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Road Goes Ever On And On

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Yes I know I've quoted The Lord of the Rings Walking Song before, but it is simply so great and fits my adventures so well.

We have moved to ALASKA!



And the packing took forever! We brought with us what we could fit on the plane with in total has been two backpacks, two carry-ons, and three checked-bags. While packing I slashed my finger when I was moving too quickly and forgot myself in space. Who thought packing could be so dangerous.









Possibly the best moment was when Gordon held up a lace piece that I use when shirts are too low, but I don't want to wear a full tank underneath, and declared it "a perfect loin cloth."



I Almost Died.

I could not look at him for hours afterward without picturing him wearing that little thing as a loin cloth doing some Tarzan moves through the jungle.

I am sorry I had to put that picture in your mind. I hope it does not haunt you permanently.


The plane trip was rather..shall I say interesting? or rather somewhat stressful in a confusing way. Our flight out of Madison was cancelled due to weather, so they rescheduled us onto a later flight. Which barely gave us enough time to connect with our next flight. That turned out not to be an issue for our next flight from Chicago to Anchorage was late arriving for us to board by a good half an hour. We we left 45 min after it was scheduled to do so. We arrived in Anchorage long after our flight to Fairbanks had left so they put us on the last flight to Fairbanks happening later that night. We finally got to Fairbanks at 12:30 am local time which was 3:30 am central time. We were very tired. But Gordon took a picture of a huge polar bear and I standing in the airport.


We have been staying these past few nights with a member of the LDS ward as we have been finalizing details with our new home. They have been very kind and generous to us.


1 comment:

  1. Oops. I pushed publish too soon. Hold on I have more to add to this one still.

    ReplyDelete